BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 3, 2010

chaptre 2


the coldness still bit me when sunrise came to knock on my window. Though it was shine bright enough to fill the room, I snuggled myself tighter in searching for the warmthness of my blanket. Lucky enough that today there was nothing that could force me to climb out from my bed. The eyelids of these eyes of mine had given up to open. The week was harsh on me. But every time I closed these eyes, I kept remembering of that beautiful guy. What was his name? Andrew? Or was it Adrian? Well, it doesn’t matter. It doesn't matter. It was probably just a coincidence that we met twice. But I never believe in coincidence. My mama always told me that every coincidence has its meaning. But what meaning does it bring I still yet to figure out. But for now, let me rest. Let me rest. Let me rest.


The clock had struck twelve in the afternoon the second time I woke up. Though I yearn to be under the warmth of my trusted blanket, but chores would not be done by themselves now, do they. So up I went, preparing myself for my day to begin. Shower? Too cold. Probably I would just wash my face. But that's too gross. A hot bath? Sounds enticing. Then it's decided then. Hot bath it is. I grabbed a cigarette from its pack that was lying on the table. I did try to quit, I really did. But no matter how hard I tried, it still tempted me to try once more. But excuses are only excuses, I know. I’ll try harder next time. I promise I’ll try.

Off I went to set my day. First I need to get my things. Oh, right. I’m a student you see. An art student. But my art are on polaroids, and not on canvas. My first love. My only love right now. But these supplies don't come cheap, as I have known long ago. Especially you have been disbanded from the family finance. I’ve worked my ass off to get that scholarship from that world-known funder. But that scholarship was just enough to get me by. I need more dough to buy the supplies though. The manager of that bar was paying well, so I took the job. Besides there was no experience required and I only have to work for a few hours. And it doesn't bother my time for studying. It’s a good deal really.

As I drowned myself in my own world, I heard a gasp. It was pretty loud. But I ignored it. I’m pretty good at that too. But the owner of that awful gasp would not let me pass, it seems. So I have to look up and see who it was. 

Oh my god.

It’s you.

"Are you stalking me?" you asked with a chuckle. I seemed to amuse you so. Even if you were faking it.
"Well, definitely not that. I’m pretty sure you didn't cross my mind when I walked out of my apartment." which was a lie, of course.
"That’s mean of you." you sulked. But quickly change the subject. "I didn't get your name last night, you know."
"And why would I tell you that" I thought to myself. A funny expression must have painted on my face as you let out a cold chuckle.
"You’re not very friendly, are you?" you said. I took a deep breath and let out a sigh.
"sorry." is all I could utter. I was about to walk pass you when you still insisted to hold me back. Annoyed, I glared at him. You took a few steps back.
"Last night," you continued after a long pause. You didn't dare to look me in the eyes anymore. We are more or less the same height so I couldn't see your face clearly. Especially with your beautiful blonde hair was covering most part of your face. I kept quiet, as always, waiting for you to finish what you were trying to say. "You said....." more hesitant. I wish you could hurry up. But interrupting is rude. My mama said so. So I waited."...that I was interesting. What... what was that suppose to mean?" finally you finished it. 

So you remembered? I smiled to myself, but since you were more interested looking at the cobblestone paves way, you probably did not notice it. This irritated me. So I took a step forward and held out my hands to you held your face. I’m sorry that my hands were cold but it annoys me when I can't see your face that I came to like.
"Look at me when you are talking. Don’t you have manners?" I said with a straight face. I probably have made you embarrassed that your porcelain skin turned bright red. What I didn't expect was the sudden movement from you after that. You slapped my hands. Real hard. And you fell back. I was stunned and held out my hand to help you out, but reconsidered not to. So I slipped my hands back into the coats pocket. I turned away from you.
"I’m sorry. I have a phobia. But...” you were shivering, and I don't think it was from the cold. Your face showed a mix expression. It was confused most of the time. “But you aren't a female. How come...?"

It took me by surprise. So that how it is, thought I. it wasn't obvious because I’m not your average 'female', as you had referred to my kind. I’m taller than average, almost as tall as a guy. My body is slender but a bit masculine due to the trainings my father put my siblings through. And my female part... well, they aren't showing much. So it came not as a surprise when they mistook me for the opposite sex. But coming from you, it angered me so. Why? It had never bothered me before. 

I turned around, facing you again. You were still shivering. I could hear you sniffed, and tears were sure to roll down on those cheeks of yours. I wish I could help, but I didn't want that to happen again. So I bent, scratching my black, short hair. 
"You know, it's kinda offensive when you say that."

You looked at me, more confused than before. Are you a simpleton? I asked myself, looking at that expression.
It seemed that I need to put everything out in the open for you, huh?

"I’m 'female". I said uninterested, waiting for your expression. 

Your eyes looked like it was going to pop out of their sockets when you opened them wider by the second. Your jaw dropped as low as possible. If your skin were loose, I bet it would fall on this cold street. I chuckled, but only for a bit. Don’t wanna hurt your feelings, I thought.

"But you worked at... at..." you stammered. These expressions of yours were kinda cute, so forgive me for enjoying myself teasing you.
"At a gay bar? Boy, you sure are judgemental." I finally sat on that pave way. We looked like idiots. But then maybe we were. You looked down on the pave way and muttered sorry underneath your breath, barely for me to hear it. I shrugged it off.

"Hey, are you planning on sitting here forever? I would like to help you get up, but you might think I’m attacking you again." I rose to my feet and swept the dust around my coat. My eyes didn't let go of your sight as you tried to stand up on your own with difficulty. But it seemed that the worst had gone by so I was pretty sure you would be okay.
"You okay?" but I asked anyway. I couldn't help but concern myself of you. You seemed fragile. So fragile. As if you would break immediately if I touch you. You nodded anyway, though you obviously were not. 

"Well, I’ll see you then." then I walked pass you with ease.
"Ah, wait! I haven't known your name yet! And you didn't answer my question!!!" you turned your voice up as I walked through the crowd, trying to blend with it. I couldn't help but smile to myself. Till next time, I muttered to myself, as I walked pass through an art supply shop...

Now, back to my chores. What was I supposed to do again?

3 comments:

Turisaina said...

TERIMA KASIH KERANA BUAT CHARACTER INI PEREMPUAN!!! hahaha.. aku suspen jek... keep writing! it's mysterious enough to keep me addicted.

silentNoise said...

mmg aq cdg nk wat chaacter utme da pompuan...
haha~
thanx for commenting...
keep waiting k..
i'll do my best to lift the suspense..
=)

A'ai Zairi said...

aduh. i thought this would be a yaoi story.
huk2x.