BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

chaptre 3


Aaah... the night was cold during this time of the year. Even the stars were shy to light up the evening sky in this part of the world. while occasionally letting myself enjoy a smoke from my cigarette I stared, pokered-face, at this starless blanket called sky. I heard the door of the rooftop was being open. that's funny. no one ever came here before due to the condition of the stairs that lead here. who could it be? but I couldn't care less as I continued to enjoy my break. spontaneously, my eyes were eyeing the person that entered my territory. and guess who?


"erm, the manager said you would be here,” you said hesitantly. you were smiling nervously. why is that I wonder.
"what, are you stalking me now?" I said with a smirk on my face. your face quickly turned bright red. how amusing.
"I’m not! I... I... I was asked to go look for you." you defended yourself. you sounded just like a child. which arouse me to tease you more.
"and why is that you were asked to go look for me?" I leaned forward to you as I closed in on you. I took a few smokes and released it on your face. you coughed so bitterly at the smell of it. I was panicked then but decided to let you be. I love teasing you.
"how-cough, cough- should I know. the manager told me to find you cause he said he got problems. the other guy was elsewhere at that time." you took a few steps back from me and covered your face with your sleeve. well, maybe I teased you a little too much. But what the manager said to him intrigued me more. problems? could it be..?
"well, I’ll be right down." I uttered while distinguishing the cigarette. after taking a few of minty sweets I spun around to see you still standing there, staring at me, dazed.
"oy, you okay?" I must have jolted you back to your senses as you quickly glance away. avoiding my eyes I assumed. but never mind that. I have to help the manager.
"are you coming?" as I opened the door, I looked at you questioningly, wondering why were you still in daze. as you refocused on me you blushed instantly. were you thinking of me or your lover, I wonder.
"ri...right. I... I’m coming," again with the stutter. ignoring it, I descended the stairs, aware that you were struggling with these steps. one small mistake and doom awaits you. that's why people rarely come to this place. my place. my territory. my tranquillity.

suddenly, it sounded like you did slip on one of these steps. so I took the liberty to look back. to my astonishment, I was right. I held my hand out for you, but you were hesitant. dammit, this is no time for your phobia! so I threw myself towards you and grab you towards me. unfortunately, my leg slipped in that entire ruckus and we fell. thank goodness that we were not far from the ground. but it must have hurt so bad that I lost consciousness.

when I woke up, I was lying on one of the table pool of the bar. the surrounding looked fuzzy for a second or two. maybe longer. when I tried to get up my head was throbbing, as if my brain was to explode right there and then.
"ya shouldn't get up too fast," the manager was bringing me a warm glass of water to me. as I sipped it, I glanced at the room, searching for you. I began to panic when I didn't see you on my sight. but there you were, sitting in the far corner, trembling.
"is he okay?" I muttered to the manager. he let out a sigh.
"been like that fo a while now. Think he's blamin' 'mself fo what 'appen to ya".

I got up and walked towards you. it seemed like you were too immersed in your thoughts that you didn't notice me when I was standing right in front of you. your head was down and you were still trembling. I grab the nearest jacket and covered you. you seemed a little shock by that and looked up. but meeting my gaze, you looked back down. I can't help but notice that tears must have fallen from those eyes.

"you know, thanks would be nice," I bent my knees so that I could see your solemn face. it was glooming, but yet so beautiful.
"I... I... it's my fault that you got hurt...”
"so you think a sorry should cut it?"

silence.

I let out a sigh as I sat on the floor.
"I’m fine. I don't break that easily, you know," I said as I lighted a cigarette. you just sat there silently, though the bar is still open, there are few people here. it was about time to close anyway.
"you should go home. your lover must be worried about you." you finally looked at me and blushed. god, you're so pleasing to tease.
"I...I... I don't have one," you defended yourself.
"owh? what about that guy the other day?" I asked you, impassive.
"that was work," you said. I looked straight to your eyes, though you tried to divert it.  work, huh? I wonder if it was true.
"what kind of work?" you dare not answer it seemed. "sorry, didn't mean to pry. I was just curious." I got up and help myself to my feet. since you were reluctant to answer me, I guess that my hunch is right then?
"wait." I stopped on my track and turned to face you. you were struggling to find the perfect words I guess. after a long wait, you only managed to say "thank you" and "sorry". didn't I tell you that I’m fine? but ignorance is bliss. for me that is.
"if you want my forgiveness," no, maybe I shouldn't tease you too much. but owh, what the heck. “let me touch you".

you gave me a shocking look on your face and blushed. I smirked. were thinking something dirty? no, that's not what I meant. but I just kept quiet, waiting for your response.

"you mean...” you didn't say it out loud, but you were mouthing it. s.e.x. I burst into laughter for your incompetence. forgive me, but I just couldn't stand your naivety. tears started to roll down from my eyes because I was laughing so hard. you looked really mad and were sulking at my reaction.

"I’m sorry... sorry...” I finally said it after my laughter died down." what I meant was, you cure your phobia and let me touch you like a normal person would, then you are forgiven,"
you blushed right away after realising the mistake you had done. but you still wanted to defend yourself. “but that's condition's too much".
"well, that's my condition. I did collapse because I was saving you, you know"

I guessed that you ran out of self defence speeches as you were silence.
"and, as a bonus," I added." I’ll tell you my name when you do that."

you were looking hopeful for a second there, but returned to your sulking afterwards.
"what bonus. I can ask around about your name"
"owh, right. if you do that, you are never forgiven."

you were definitely bewildered by this, stunned even it seemed. but I let you be. I left you alone and walk way. now, why did you called for? right, the manager needs help. enough of game. back to work.

1 comments:

Turisaina said...

correction: "i'll tell my name when you DO that."
bukan DID that. becareful with spellings and grammar!